Archive for June 2009
JACS cover: Degree of Rate Control: How Much the Energies of Intermediates and Transition States Control Rates
The paper “Degree of Rate Control: How Much the Energies of Intermediates and Transition States Control Rates” co-authored with Carsten Stegelmann and Charles T. Campbell has finally been published in Journal of the American Chemical Society. The full citation info is:
Degree of Rate Control: How Much the Energies of Intermediates and Transition States Control Rates,
Carsten Stegelmann, Anders Andreasen, Charles T. Campbell Journal of the American Chemical Society 2009 131 (23), 8077-8082 DOI: 10.1021/ja9000097
As an additional honor our graphich has been selected for the cover page.
- Install the vpnc (cisco compatible vpn client) and the network-manager interface/plugin for vpnc: sudo apt-get install vpnc network-manager-vpnc
- In System->Preferences->Network Connections choose the VPN tab
- In order to import connection settings from a Cisco VPN *.pcf file click the “import” button and localize your pcf-file. Otherwise fill in your connection settings manually by pressing the “Add” button.
- Before being able to connect through VPN I have experienced that a reboot is necessary. I don’t know the exact reason for this. There may be other issues preventing the VPN connection from working properly – see the bug report
- After reboot pres the network-manager icon, by choosing VPN connections, your newly created connection should be there. Click connect and after a while you should be connected.
- If something fails it is always possible to connect manually. Edit /etc/vpnc/example.conf to reflect your connection settings and save it with a different name e.g. MYVPN. Connect by executing vpnc-connect MYVPN in a terminal.